Saturday, June 26, 2010

Day 6

Treat Night Dinner!! What to have, what to have?? I spent a significant amount of time this afternoon trolling around Calorie King trying to work it out. We normally have some type of take away and it quickly became clear that nothing would really fit in. No surprise I guess!! Decided I best cook myself something.....and it was easy as I already had most of what I needed here. Just a quick stop at the supermarket on the way home from my sons basketball game for some low fat cheese and I was set to go. I had......


Chicken & Avocado Pizza - 515 Cal

1 Wattle Valley Rye Wrap
20g Tomato Paste
Tuscan Herbs or Mixed Herbs (Masterfood's Dry Herbs)
20g Red Onion, chopped
30g Red Capsicum, chopped
50g Avocado, chopped
50g Cooked Chicken Breast, chopped*
30g Coles Lite Shredded tasty cheese
30g Coles Lite Shredded Mozzarella cheese

Spread the paste over the rye wrap, taking it right up to the edges. Sprinkle a few herbs over the paste. (I REALLY like the Masterfoods Tuscan Herbs: It has herbs, garlic and pepper...gives the pizza a good zing.) Layer the onion, capsicum, avocado & chicken over the base. Combine the 2 cheeses together and sprinkle over the top. Bake in a moderate oven for 15 - 20 min or until the cheese is all melted.

* I poach chicken breasts for the chicken noodle soup and have gotten into the habit of poaching a couple of extra to have on hand for sandwiches, salads OR Pizza toppings!!

Perfect treat night dinner......even room for dessert really!!!! OR Share it with a friend and have a side salad!!!

cheers

Lynda




No comments:

Post a Comment